Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh Boy!

So, a little about me... I'm a Sophomore at Dixie State College. This is my second year as an ambassador for DSC, and I'm also on the Institute of Religion Council this year. For the most part I feel like a busy bee, but that's the way I like it!

Okay... So blog entry #1.

Last week was fall break and the week before was homecoming which was a lot of fun. Homecoming week was nuts!!! I'll have to put some pictures on here later. For Ambassadors we made a pirate ship for our homecoming float, it actually ended up winning the competition for best float! Then for Institute was decorated a crane (no not the Asian bird, but a literal crane). It was pretty sweet. Our theme was "Lifting Dixie." The parade was Saturday so was the Homecoming game (I ended up taking a nap instead; it was an exhausting week!) then that afternoon my homecoming date (a.k.a. Dillon - super stud, we got set up on a homecoming date that day;) picked me up and we went hiking in Snow Canyon State Park, and I kid you not - it started snowing!@ Yeah, I know! That night we all went back to his friend Tyler's for pictures (Tyler is a crazy good photographer) then after we ate Pasta factory take out at his house then partied hardcore at the dance. It was a good time.

Fall break was last week. It was nice to get to sleep in (I have three 7 a.m. classes this semester -I know, I know, WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!). Mainly, I spent the break catching up on homework, because mid-semester I have a tendency to slack off a little, shame on me. I did however take a little break friday night to go jam with some cool kids. I have this friend Todd that has his own recording studio (which I am amazingly jealous of) so him and his friend were recording that night and invited me to come play guitar some. It was an enjoyable experience. It's been forever since I've played with anyone - something I really miss. All the kids I used to play with are married now (we all know what happened when people get married...they fall off the face of the planet! ~Only joking, but seriously;) then later that night a group of friends and me watched some 80's movie and chilled.

No comments: